In the midst of World War II a group of merchants and philanthropists, with the intention of collecting donations and gifts from esteemed merchants and philanthropists and distributing them among the poor people with many injuries and disasters due to the effects of war they set up a charitable center.The members of this charity, who were also prominent members and trustees of the Tehran Chamber of Commerce, including Mr. Gholamhossein Nikpour, the chairman of the Tehran Chamber of Commerce, in addition to fulfilling the good intentions of the charities, after returning to Iran in the early 1920s, in one of the father’s estates. In the Sabzeh area of Tehran Square, he set up a gynecology and obstetrics clinic, through which he examined and treated patients and women in the area who were from low-income groups.
The point is that he provided all services free of charge and also paid for medicine and treatment. His high and humane spirit and serious and propagandistic diligence in caring for clients and patients caused an increasing number of visits to him even from other parts of Tehran and neighboring cities, to the point that he worked until midnight but still had clients. It was here that the idea of building a larger space, like a hospital in the style of the hospitals of the developed European countries of that time, came to his mind. One day, when a business charity meeting was held in the presence of the board of the Tehran Chamber of Commerce at his father’s house, he decided to raise the issue with them. Considering the traditional atmosphere of the family, which did not allow a woman to attend a male gathering, and despite the brothers’ opposition to her attending the meeting, she insisted on entering the meeting with the utmost frankness and courage to address the needs of the people, especially women.
After that, the then chairman of the Tehran Chamber of Commerce, Mr. Abdolhossein Nikpour, invited the then mayor of Tehran, Mr. Mehdi Mashayekhi, to convene a meeting of the Tehran Chamber of Deputies in June 1325, at which the mayor of Tehran was ready to provide the vehicle. The municipality of Tehran, which was an old barracks (Shahab al-Molki barracks) located on Rey Street, 7th district of Tehran, announced the construction of a hospital. After the construction of the hospital was approved by the Tehran Chamber of Commerce, the issue was raised with the then Prime Minister (Mr. Ahmad Ghavam). Finally, on August 6, 1325, the Cabinet approved an eleven-article resolution that provided for all the basic issues related to the delivery of the site and how to plan and build and the cost of the building, the hospital construction permit. After handing over the site from the municipality and purchasing 13 other properties from 24 owners, a total of about 11,000 square meters of land was prepared at the intersection of Rey and Bouzarjomehri streets.It was inaugurated on the 10th of Bahman 1328 with the establishment of 48 rooms and 200 beds. At the beginning of its establishment, the hospital consisted of 8 wards, including pediatric ward, gynecology ward, ophthalmology ward, radiology ward, laboratory ward, surgery ward, internal medicine ward, and artificial limbs ward (for the first time).
Bazarganan Hospital to provide modern and modern medical services in Yemen, relying on the expertise of its medical and nursing staff and the presence of great professors such as Professor Adl (father of modern Iranian surgery) on the other hand, and the emphasis of Tehran Chamber of Commerce management on By observing human principles and character, the people were able to attract public attention as a famous and special hospital. The presence of clients from all walks of life, from the royal family and ministers and high-ranking officials and merchants and the wealthy to ordinary people who all received the same services, made the Bazarganan Hospital a place to write the hearts of different segments of the people. Many people sent their help to the hospital due to their trust and confidence in the type of services provided, and according to the available documents, in addition to providing free services to the needy, charities and donations of respected benefactors were distributed among the needy through the hospital clinic. Due to its geographical location, Bazarganan Hospital has witnessed many historical events after 1328 and has received the injured people. Events such as the coups of 28 August, 30 July, 15 June 42.
Bazarganan Hospital maintained its status and reputation until 1978 and continued to provide services without interruption. Simultaneously with the developments of 1957 and the victory of the Islamic Revolution, the issue of hospital management was seriously discussed and challenged. Tehran Commerce was handed over to the Ministry of Health and Welfare. In this decree, the names of 6 other charitable organizations are also mentioned. After the transfer of the hospital management to the Ministry of Health and Welfare, the services continued and during the war it also received the wounded of the war.
Since 1968, the preparations for the reconstruction of the hospital began with the help of honorable donors such as Mr. Soodavar. In 1994, the Board of Trustees, which included Mr. Alinaghi Seyed Khamoushi, Alaa Mir Mohammad Sadeghi, Assadollah Asgrawladi, Mehdi Hariri and Mohammad Navid, on the proposal of the Imam Khomeini Relief Committee, handed over the reconstruction and management of the hospital to the institution through a loan agreement. The reconstruction of the hospital lasted until 2003, and finally, on July 21, 2003, it was reopened by the then Speaker of the Majles, after a 15-year hiatus. During its tenure, the Relief Committee worked for the development and reconstruction of the hospital and provided hospital services to the honorable people, until in 2016, the Board of Directors and the Board of Representatives of the eighth term of the Tehran Chamber of Commerce, in order to address social responsibility, paid special attention to Bazarganan Hospital is focused and after the board of directors of Tehran Chamber of Commerce visited the hospital and considered its condition with the intention of renovating and improving the hospital, approved the return of the hospital management to Tehran Chamber of Commerce in the twentieth session of the eighth term on 08/18/95 Finally, he returned to Tehran Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture on 10/12/2016 during the signing of a memorandum of understanding with the hospital management. Since then, the Tehran Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture, with its comprehensive presence and large investment, has put the reconstruction, renovation and construction of new wards on the agenda, so that with the help of God almighty, Bazarganan Hospital will become one of the best hospitals in the honor of honorable people.